Pancakes don’t need to be a cheeky treat saved for just for one day of the year. Instead, they should be savoured as a wholesome breakfast options all year around.
To help you start the day right and enjoy a breakfast full of the right kind of fuel, we’ve put together an easy to follow protein packed pancake recipe.
1 ½ scoops of PlantWarrior, Superfood Protein
50g of plain flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
140ml almond milk
½ teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of coconut oil
Blueberries - High in antioxidants and vitamin K, these mighty berries are known for having have fat-burning properties. It’s the Catechins found within the berries which help to aid weight loss, in particular fat stored around the belly. Tea rich in these Catechins have also been proven to help with weight loss .
Sliced strawberries – Strawberries are packed full of antioxidants and eating only 7 counts towards one of your five a day.
Soya Yogurt - Although soy has had its share of bad press over the years, if you want a little treat now and then, soya yogurt can be a nice dairy-free alternative.
Almonds - Studies have proven that almonds can be effective in decreasing overall bodyweight. 
How to Cook Them:
1. Start by mixing the Superfood Protein, flour, cinnamon and almond milk together in a bowl.
2. Whisk until the mixture is smooth and lump free. Try to whisk air into the mixture to keep the pancakes as light as possible.
3. Once your mixture is smooth, add the coconut oil to a frying pan over a high heat and wait for it to melt.
4. Pour around a ¼ of the pancake mixture into the pan, aiming for the middle and cook for around 2 minutes. You will start to see bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake. This is your signal that the pancakes are ready to flip.
5. Place a spatula under the pancake gently to loosen it from the pan and gently flip it over. Cook for another 3 minutes on the other side before turning it out onto a plate to rest. Repeat this until you have used all of your pancake mixture.
6. Place a large dollop of soya yogurt in the centre of your pancakes. Sprinkle over your blueberries, sliced strawberries and almonds. Then Enjoy!
Obviously you can create a variety of different topping combinations to keep your breakfasts interesting however, fruit is a great way to gain a natural sweetness. Although, of course a drizzle of honey in moderation will never be frowned upon.